Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 263) Nail art hedgehog

Today I have an incomplete tutorial because some of my (really many) pictures failed.
Still, I believe that you lovelies will be able to follow it anyways...so, here it is!

Step 1:
Make your own nail foil/decal (I've explained this before but will do it again)






Material:
- Plastic zipper bag (or something simular)
- Topcoat (Seche Vite)
- Brown nail polish (Rimmel 550 Major Brown)













Apply a layer of topcoat on the zipper bag and let it dry for a bit.













Apply brown polish on top of the layer of topcoat.
Let it dry completely as you proceed with the next steps.






Step 2:
Apply a light polish as base on the nail(s) (white, beige, nude, pink, peach...you get the idea).

Step 3:
Use a nail art brush and black polish to make the body of the hedgehog. Make the snout red.
Okay this is a step which is pretty important and the pictures were just all blurred.
Luckily the final picture shows the design as well, so I didn't bother to do it again. But if you've read this post and still wish to have a picture of just the body...let me know and I will!

Step 4:
Use your DIY nail foil/decal to make the spines.








Material:
- Scissors
- DIY nail foil/decal (from step 1)







Get the decal from the zipper bag (I use my nails but you can also use tweezers).
Cut it into tiny strips:




















Step 5:
Apply a layer of topcoat on the nail. Use this as glue for the strips (spines). Start with the top row, moving down in rows towards the body. Apply some topcoat again between the rows.
N.B. I used a rhinestone picker for picking up the strips but you can also use a wet pencil or wet cotton swab.
Outcome is best when you don't apply the strips flat but let them stick up a little.

I hope my explanation is clearly enough. If not, please don't hesitate to contact me.


 GOOD LUCK!

4 comments:

  1. Omogsh! What a fun idea! Hahahaha! You're so full of ideas! XD Love this hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still surprising myself with the ideas I have!
      Thank you!

      Delete