Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 154) Nail art splatter with tribal design

In some previous blogposts I've done nail arts with splatter.
All the splatter I've done, has been with a brush. 
I found this quite hard to do and it wasn't fun.
I didn't want to splatter anymore and therefore I had little interest in all those posts and pictures of splatter nail arts made by a straw.
But today I finally realized I had to give this a try...just to be sure ;D

Material:
  • White nail polish
  • Newspaper, old table-cover or anything else on which you can make a mess
  • Watery nail polish (I used my 4 neon colors)
  • Two straws
  • Scissors
  • Tape 
  • Nail polish remover 
Step 1:
After the basecoat apply the white nail polish

Step 2:
Preperations:
  • Cover your working space
  • Tape your fingers
  • Cut the straws so that you have 4 pieces for the 4 colors of nail polish you are going to use
  • Open the bottles of nail polish; get the brush out
Step 3:
Dip a straw piece into the first nail polish bottle. Not too deep or too long, or you will get only 1 big splatter.
A quick dip is good. Then blow into the straw. At first nothing happened. Then I realized that you have to do one powerful and short blow. For each nail you have to dip again. When you've finished all your nails, go on to the next color and use the same working method.

Step 4:
Remove the tape and clean any mess on cuticles and/or fingers with remover. Apply a topcoat. Done!
My camera doesn't want to show the neon colors as bright as they are. I need sunlight for that, so maybe I'll redo my pictures tomorrow.
Splattering with a straw is an easy and fast method. I like it!

Because I've done some splatter nail arts before, I don't want to post the same kind of look again.
Therefore I took my striper brush and black nail polish and painted some tribal design free hand.
And here is the outcome:

No comments:

Post a Comment