Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 133) Nail art Henna

For today's nail art I used Henna designs as my inspiration.
Henna can be obtained by the Henna plant (Lawsonia Inermis) which is more like a tall shrub or a small tree.
After drying, milling and sifting the leaves you have a green powder. This powder is often mixed with lemon juice, strong tea, or other mildly acidic liquids to make a preparation with toothpaste-like consistency. The paste can be applied on skin, hair, nails and fabrics and will stain the surface. Henna stains are orange soon after application, but darken over time to a reddish brown. Nowadays Henna is mostly used for body art on hands and feet (for special occasions), but traditionally friends would apply the intricate designs on the hands and feet of the bride-to-be. Hidden among the tangled, intertwinning patterns would be the initials of the bride and groom.

For this nail art I didn't use Henna itself. Although I'm very interested in the outcome of Henna on nails.
I'm to worried about the reddish brown stains that may last for weeks.
If you have any experience with it, please let me know!

First a picture of Henna art that I got from Google. This way you know what I'm talking about (in case you don't know what I'm babbling about ;-D )

Source: http://www.iohu.org/rathayatra/festival-of-india-harrisburg/henna-tattoo/

For my nail art I used a bunch of pictures from Google with Henna designs on hands and feet. This way I knew what kind of lines, dots and shapes are used.
I used a nude colour as base and made the painting with a bronze colour.
For this design I used a nail art brush, but maybe a needle works even better (have to try that another time!)


See you tomorrow.
By the way if there are any requests for nail arts, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment